Monday, July 29, 2013

Good Eats: Orlando Florida - Pioneers Western Kitchen

Pioneers Western Kitchen Website
Tonight we decided to try a new place and settled on "Pioneers Western Kitchen." We had seen it going to school and the store and decided it was finally time. So we looked up the reviews and discovered they were all good. The menu looked good. Frankly, everything we saw said the same thing "It's good!"


 The outside looks pretty corporate (very official) so you might be surprised to find out that this is their only Location. They are 11 months old and off to a great start. The Menu has changed  3 times since opening to find just the right mix of food, and they feel the current menu is the best so far (I didn't see the first two, but the food was awesome!).

There was a younger woman at the register who greeted us cheerfully and was more than happy to answer our questions. We ordered and then chatted for a few minutes as no other customers were in line for the moment. We then seated ourselves and enjoyed the bright colors and western decor.

They have an on-going promotion called the "Most Wanted Burger" which names a specific burger and keeps an ongoing tally of how many have been sold. After 500 have been sold, 100 will be given away free! Sounds like a deal to me!
The "Most Wanted" Burger promotion.








Well enough talk, let's get down to the food talk. The menu has options for vegetarians though it was my impression they did not have specific vegan options (reviews gave some of their vegetarian options in high praise).

I got the Smokey Pork sandwich which consisted of smokey pulled pork, prickly pear BBQ sauce and normally comes with house-made slaw but I skipped the slaw. I chose a side of fried apples instead of fries and I must say my meal was not only filling but amazingly delicious. I mean really, what better than pork and apples? The pulled pork has a nice balance of sweet and tang with just a tiny bit of heat (I am a heat wimp, it was not hot, just warmed with spices). The pork was soft with just a tiny bit of tooth and the bread was soft. The fried apples were cooked just enough that they were soft but not mush and had a tiny bit of tang to go with the sweet.

Smokey Pork Sandwich with Fried Apples
 My husband had the Roast Beef sandwich and fries. The Roast Beef consisted of a large helping of thin sliced roast beef with a few slices of soft cooked onion on a soft bun and served with au jus. On the side of the plate was an edible decoration of roasted garlic, jalapenos and rosemary. The fries were cut thin and had a tiny bit of spice on them (not hot) which gave them great flavor and let me tell you, they were addicting... I decided to "just have one" and my husband lost a handful of fries. I stole a bit of his sandwich and it was also amazing. The Roast Beef was tender (not at all tough) and the au just was just the perfect compliment to the sandwich, but I must warn you, get napkins and some of the wet wipes they have at the silverware station, you'll need it!

 All in all Pioneers Western Kitchen was a great meal and did I happen to mention that both meals, each with a drink, came to a grand total of $22.11? We were very happy with the meal and the price. Service was quick and friendly, the food was made fresh and honestly, there were happy hour specials, I can't think of a single thing that we weren't satisfied with.  Well... maybe one thing....
 Not enough guests! 
So please, spread the word and let's pack the booths, table and bar of Pioneers Western Kitchen.

Tied the yarn napkin decoration around my finger to remember
to tell my friends and come back soon!
 The hours posted on the window of Pioneer's Western Kitchen state that they are open 
Monday through Saturday, 11 AM to 11 PM, 
and Sunday 11 AM to 10 PM (as of 7/28/13). 
The hours on the site are slightly different. When in doubt, call ahead to check the hours that day.

Location: 11845 E Colonial Dr, FL 32826
(Behind SunTrust and in the same shopping center as Publix)


No comments:

Post a Comment