I lay in a cage, I walk in circles,
I'm still here waiting,
for my only one.
I'm trying real hard,
to hold on to hope,
but I'm just laying here,
all alone.
Each day I see the faces come and go
I'm trying not to let insecurity show.
I'll be the best that I can be,
I'll walk for miles happily
I'll do anything just to see you smile.
I'll guard the door, sleep on the floor
I'll be the best friend you've ever known
Just take me home and make me your own.
I'm waiting here
and soon I fear
they'll come to walk me awayI wag my tail
but without fail
They glance and turn the other way.
I know I'm not most beautiful,
I'm a little shabby too,
but give me one more chance
I swear I'll stay forever true
Each day I see the faces come and go
I'm trying not to let insecurity show.
I'll be the best that I can be,
I'll walk for miles happily
I'll do anything just to see you smile.
I'll guard the door, sleep on the floor
I'll be the best friend you've ever known
Just take me home and make me your own.

I'm all but gone
I'm losing hope
I'm not sure you'll ever come.
But the cage door wakes me,
a lady takes me
and I dare to hope one more time
Today I finally get to go
I'm trying not to let insecurity show.
I'll be the best that I can be,
I'll walk for miles happily
I'll do anything just to see you smile.
I'll guard the door, sleep on the floor
I'll be the best friend you've ever known
Just take me home and make me your own.
I can't repay the kindness shown
But I promise each day I'll try.
Thank you for being my friend
I'll love you til the very end.
I'll be the best that I can be,
I'll walk for miles happily
I'll do anything just to see you smile.
I'll guard the door, sleep on the floor
I'll be the best friend you've ever known-
Now lets go home!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment